From 12/02/2017 Belarus begins to gradually are getting open to foreign tourists. Сitizens of 80 countries no longer need a visa for 5-day visits to Belarus. Also in this case they do not need to carry out the registration procedure. See more below.
From 27/07/2018 Belarus begins to gradually are getting open to foreign tourists. Сitizens of 74 countries no longer need a visa for 30-day visits to Belarus. See more below.
From 01/01/2018 in Belarus the period of visa-free stay of foreign citizens in some areas of the Brest and Grodno regions has been extended to 10 days.
Belarus has strict migration legislation. Many tourists by being ignorant of it got fines. Therefore, we recommend that you study the legislation carefully.
The majority of foreign citizens are allowed to enter Belarus only if they have a visa for Belarus. When a visa is issued, a migration card is provided in addition to it. Be sure not to lose it!
Short-term visas. This is the most commonly used visa type with duration of stay up to 90 days. There are single-entry, double-entry or multiple entry short-term visas.
As a rule, long-term visas are valid for 1 year and allow multiple entry. Such visas are suitable for:
– businessmen who visit the country frequently;
– tourists who are willing to have a longer stay in Belarus.
The third type available is transit visas. They are issued with a validity period up to 1 year and provide the holder with the opportunity to cross Belarus within 2 days.
There is one more type, group visas. The following is required to apply for such visas:
– the number of people in the group should not be less than 5;
– all the documents for all the group members (passports, application forms, photos, any additional supporting documents required for a given visa type) should be provided together and at once;
– in addition to the set of the documents listed above, 2 copies of the list of group members should be provided and the following information should be included for each person: name, surname, last name, birth date, passport number and its expiration date, citizenship;
– people who are entering/leaving the Republic of Belarus on a group visa are obliged to cross the border and travel within Belarus together.
Where and how can you obtain a visa?
– at consular departments of Belarus;
– at diplomatic missions of Belarus;
– at the consular centre of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belarus located at Minsk-2 airport (this option is for citizens of the countries where there are no consular departments nor missions of Belarus).
Petition, Invitation, Tourist Voucher
In order to acquire a tourist visa, a tourist voucher issued by a Belarusian travel agency is required.
Without the assistance of a travel agency, applying for a visa may be challenging. The only exception are travellers who have friends or acquaintances in Belarus, though in this case it is reasonable to apply not for a tourist, but for a guest visa for which an invitation is required instead of a voucher.
For business tourists the best option is to obtain a petition from the institution of their interest.
– transit visa (type B): single-entry – €20, single-entry for a group – €10 per each person, multiple entry – €40;
– short-term visa (type C): single-entry – €60, single-entry for a group – €10 per each person, multiple entry – €120;
– long-term multiple entry visa (type D) – €150.
Note that visas issued at Minsk-2 National Airport cost about 2 times more than the usual rate.